PSPRadio Forums Forum Index PSPRadio Forums
PSPRadio Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

network error

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PSPRadio Forums Forum Index -> Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: network error Reply with quote

I've been using the very first release of this program for a very long time, and decided today to upgrade and take advantage of all the different interfaces and features.

Sadly, I can't get the network to work at all.

Upon initial installation, I would get the error 'unable to resolve host' (and no wireless light on psp). The instructions suggest using the left/right arrows to select a profile, but those keys dont have any effect. So I press start, and see that wifi is set to 'off'. But there is no 'on' option to select.

So then I manually edit the config file, and set it to autostart 1, and upon launching I get 'error starting network'.

Wireless works fine, and the old version of pspradio also worked. Any ideas?
jer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

0.35 can't connect to the network for me either.

hitting triangle brings up the settings page and tehre is a 'select network profile' option, but it doesnt list anything to select. turning network on returns an ip of all zeros, which is to be expected since there is no profile selected. I have two network profiles in existence, both of which are static.
HalfastII

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with the new versions DHCP is now supported.

I would create a DHCP profile.

edit the config so that

AUTOSTART = 0;
PROFILE = 1;

and then launch the program.

press the start key and select the profile that was set for DHCP

you should get an IP when you select and confirm with the X key it will enable that profile

Let us know..

Thanks

Native US 1.50 PSP Up & Down
1Gb Scandisk : 1 - 512Mb, 1 64mb and 2 - 32Mb Sony MS
13 UMD Movies and 14 UMD Games PSPRadio Baby!!

My wife has a small fortune invested Smile
jer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Photgraphic evidence Reply with quote

Here's what I get when running with either a DHCP profile or a static one. It appears that it is not seeing any of my profiles -- I assume they should be listed there somehow, but no buttons seem to affect that.
jer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I added yet another network connection, and it magically works now.
HalfastII

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some times what there are profile issues (it has been addressed elsewhere) you may need to reset to factory defaults from the PSP main menu after that and of cource after setting up the time and date and everything else. you can go create one profile tostart with the dhcp settings..

It appears that the PSP Network stack (not sure of term) becomes curupt and reseting to factory defaults rewrites this part.

It has worked for others...

Also if you press and hold the select button for a few seconds it will take a snapshot of the screen and place it on the memstick in the snapshots folder in the PSP Radio folder. (If the folder is not present create one called Snapshots

Native US 1.50 PSP Up & Down
1Gb Scandisk : 1 - 512Mb, 1 64mb and 2 - 32Mb Sony MS
13 UMD Movies and 14 UMD Games PSPRadio Baby!!

My wife has a small fortune invested Smile
sti3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup, restoring factory defaults (even though I thought I had when I downgraded to 1.5) worked for me. Using the program for the first time now. I have goosebumps.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PSPRadio Forums Forum Index -> Problem Reports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: