PSPRadio Forums Forum Index PSPRadio Forums
PSPRadio Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PSPRadio ever work on V2.6?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hypersonic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: PSPRadio ever work on V2.6? Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm new to the PSP & so only just discovered PSPRadio today Smile

I've seen RSS in action, & when the stream is good.. it works well....
But of course all it is doing is a progressive download (Podcast) & has no way to alter the cache buffer either.

I Have installed os ver 2.6 & Like it!!!

But since reading that someone recently managed to get a homebrew of Tetris working on 2.6 (allbeit through the ass of GTA (which i don't have)

It shines a light on the possibility to get quality, safe & stable homebrews working on 2.6 (brews like PSPRadio Smile )

With this in mind & the fact that it supports the playback of ShoutCast - live Mp3 streaming......
Will the developer be working on getting PSPRadio working on 2.6 & beyond?

cheers
hyper
sandberg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hypersonic,

There is not much we can do our self to support firmware 2.x .. We're reliant on Fanjita to make the EBoot loader work stable on those firmwares. So it is up to him to allow PSPRadio to work on new firmware releases.
But in time it will Smile He knows what he's doing, and he's quite fast at doing it Laughing
HalfastII

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stock awser is this. Officially PSPRadio is only supported on FW 1.0 and 1.5

At this time any other support for diffrent FW's have been through the use of 3rd party loaders and are not in the scope of this project.

If at some time in the future the PSPDev kit supports diffrent FW's other than 1.0 and 1.5 then and only then will there be native support for those Higher FW versions.

Native US 1.50 PSP Up & Down
1Gb Scandisk : 1 - 512Mb, 1 64mb and 2 - 32Mb Sony MS
13 UMD Movies and 14 UMD Games PSPRadio Baby!!

My wife has a small fortune invested Smile
hypersonic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah,
This starts to make sence..... It is really more to do with the loaders & not the progs themselves (well to a certain degree..)

Many thanks for clarifying - Fingers crossed that the Eboot developer & whoever else, stay on top of the FW updates from Sony...

Speaking of fw updates........ I read on a thread somewhere (can't remember where) that v 2.6 is the last one that Sony will bring out.... I personally find this highly unlikely, as the system is still at the earlier stages of its product lifecycle. (only been out in Europe 4 months etc...) It won't be for another 3 - 4 years until a PSP2 arrives, if ever..... & there is a lot of scope for added fuctionality yet to be realised...... (Maybe even officially allowing 3rd party software (brews) ... Therefore letting us manage them properly.) - However for this, Sony will have to do their commercial sums, as at present Sony are relying more so on revenues from UMD games & films.... But once the economics of the PSP pan out, who knows?

What do you chaps & chapettes think?

Cheers
Hyper
sandberg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My prediction is that this will never happen Confused .. I don't think that Sony minds it, since they will get a lot of new cool games and applications to their platofrm, if they could allow homebrew.

But in a multi million dollar world, they have to listen to the game companies, and they certainly don't want it. It would mean competition and easier game copies. So if Sony opens up, they might risk that the large companies don't want to develop for the PSP.
raf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandberg wrote:
My prediction is that this will never happen Confused .. I don't think that Sony minds it, since they will get a lot of new cool games and applications to their platofrm, if they could allow homebrew.

But in a multi million dollar world, they have to listen to the game companies, and they certainly don't want it. It would mean competition and easier game copies. So if Sony opens up, they might risk that the large companies don't want to develop for the PSP.

It's also a problem inherent to their business model. The money they make with consoles is via licensing fees from development houses, not from the hardware itself. Opening up the console for 'homebrew' breaks this model.

Raf.
Relentles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so if you have 2.6 you are screwed
HalfastII

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was not a very nice comment for your first post. Just because he is on 2.6 doen not mean he is out of luck Just for now.,

Native US 1.50 PSP Up & Down
1Gb Scandisk : 1 - 512Mb, 1 64mb and 2 - 32Mb Sony MS
13 UMD Movies and 14 UMD Games PSPRadio Baby!!

My wife has a small fortune invested Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PSPRadio Forums Forum Index -> Firmware 2.0+ All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: