PSPRadio Forums Forum Index PSPRadio Forums
PSPRadio Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Controlling Shoutcast from PSPRadio

View previous topic :: View next topic  
manaox2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Controlling Shoutcast from PSPRadio Reply with quote

Here is a way to control your winamp for your streaming playlist from pspradio.

Download WAWI at:

http://www.flippet.org/wawi/files/Wawi_7-5-13.exe

Install this and restart winamp (if previously started before installation)

Configure your port for the HTTP Server to what you wish in the Winamp options, plugins, general section. Now you must give the anon user "play" permission. Make sure that you DO NOT set a password for this account (unless you want to and are only going to use links2). You can also make another account with more permissions that will need authorization which you will have to give through links2.

Download the pspradio and the latest plugins:

Pre-release of links2 plugin with pspradio 0.38.92
PSPRadio Plugins 1.38.91

Install PSPRadio to your psp and configure your shoutcast playlist from your computer to be streamed. After unzipping the plugins into the PSPRadio directory, make a folder in your PSPRadio directory called "APP_Retawq". Then you must follow the link for the tips.txt file that you must edit. After changing "localhost: port" to be your computers IP address and the port you set WAWI to listen on, you should save this file as "tips.html" inside of the "APP_Retawq" directory that you created.

tips.txt

Now you may start up pspradio, begin listening to a stream, and then go to the plugins menu and select retawq or links2 (1.5 users only) to control what you listen to. Below is an image of the interface.

The retawq method is now slightly outdated for 1.5 users (2.01+ users are stuck with the retawq method for now) due to the release of the links2 plugin by raf! Direct the url for links to your "localhost: port" (Ex: 192.168.1.5:80) to access the WAWI interface. It is also recommended that you edit the links.cfg without wordwrap on in the APP_Links2/links directory to set the correct pspradio directory for it to be able save your bookmarks and configuration data. You may also have to turn off the 3D text interface to use Links2 properly. This method now supports logging in with your own username and password along with the ability to select song playing, search playlist, add/remove songs from your computer, and even download the song to your memstick! Here are some screenshots of the new interface through links2 using WAWI:

If all goes well, you should now able to control winamp remotely and more while listening to your shoutcast stream at the same time. Enjoy! Smile

PS. MINIGUIDE:

To browse your pc and download or view any files you wish, here are some tips. Using Links2, go to the WAWI administration directory (BTW, you probably want a user account thats passworded for accessing this). Your default music directory should be set to the main hard disk you wish to browse (Ex. C:\). Now set WAWI to download and view all files. You should now flush all caches in Links2 by going to file -> flush all caches. Now when you click music collection, you will be able to browse and download any files you wish from your pc to your memstick. When saving these files, it helps to enter the save location in the "ms0:/dir/file.ext" format (Ex: "ms0:/PSP/PHOTO/test.jpg).

Another cool trick is, right after loading the home page after starting links2, go to file -> go to URL, enter nothing in for the URL, and hit OK. You should now be browsing the PSPRadio root directory. You may use this to browse anything within the PSP directory, but anything lower than that generates an error not allowing the memstick root directory to be seen. Within this, you can view pictures and text documents off of your memstick. Hope this helps and have fun!

Last edited by manaox2 on Tue May 02, 2006 6:58 pm; edited 17 times in total
raf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Controlling Shoutcast from PSPRadio Reply with quote

Thanks for the guide!, I'll link to it from the FAQ.

Raf.
DeMoN X

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using WAWI for a bit now, But my orignal method using BrowseAmp has more feature's like volume control, Etc.. So im going to use BrowseAmp instead.

Use This:
http://www.winamp.com/in_mp3.dll

So BrowseAmp will work on WinAmp 5.2+ , Thank's to Drathian from PSPU for posting that.

Now, The next problem that i'm going to have to overcome is streaming your shoutcast server, while controlling winamp at the same time. Because at the moment when you try and select BrowseAmp/WAWI to control PSPRadio will stop the stream your currently playing and attempt to connect to the browseamp 'stream'

A plugin could slove this? , Or maybe just another few extra line's of code would do the trick. I'll look into it.
manaox2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To use his method, you must use winamp v5.1 or lower, patch it with in_mp3.dll to close a major security hole, rename gen_ff.dll to allow it to work correctly with browse amp if you have problems, and then use his provided playlist to use it. If I get a look at the source of the new text based browser plugin, maybe I can devise a better method.
raf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

manaox2 wrote:
To use his method, you must use winamp v5.1 or lower, patch it with in_mp3.dll to close a major security hole, rename gen_ff.dll to allow it to work correctly with browse amp if you have problems, and then use his provided playlist to use it. If I get a look at the source of the new text based browser plugin, maybe I can devise a better method.

I was thinking about it; maybe I can make the (retawq) plugin take a special say .html file with the commands you want, and render it on the initial screen.. maybe instead of the Tips section..

RAf.
HalfastII

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raf wrote:
manaox2 wrote:

I was thinking about it; maybe I can make the (retawq) plugin take a special say .html file with the commands you want, and render it on the initial screen.. maybe instead of the Tips section..

RAf.

That would be cool have it load it from the mem stick that way as new commands are developed it could be changed..

Native US 1.50 PSP Up & Down
1Gb Scandisk : 1 - 512Mb, 1 64mb and 2 - 32Mb Sony MS
13 UMD Movies and 14 UMD Games PSPRadio Baby!!

My wife has a small fortune invested Smile
manaox2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah! Smile I updated my guide to include many more functions and use of the newest WAWI plugin and Retawq tips.html function. Thank you for the attention.
raf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

manaox2 wrote:
yeah! Smile I updated my guide to include many more functions and use of the newest WAWI plugin and Retawq tips.html function. Thank you for the attention.

Very cool!, thanks for sharing Smile

Raf.
manaox2

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guide now updated to include info on WAWI with the link2 plugin, plus a mini guide on using WAWI with links2 to browse and download files off of your pc to memstick. Shocked Highly recommended! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PSPRadio Forums Forum Index -> Guides All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: