PSPRadio Forums Forum Index PSPRadio Forums
PSPRadio Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

problem with shoutcast database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PSPRadio Forums Forum Index -> Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psoul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: problem with shoutcast database Reply with quote

Helo

PSPRadio version: 1.15.1283 / 1.1.1271
PSPOS: 3.03OE-C

Problem: when i try to load a radio from shoutcast database it goes in Opening Stream and then freeze the search....

if i wait and try other station sometimes work
if i wait then press Square i can load other station and sometimes work
if i load a radio from playlist page it works ok (no problem with the .pls file i personally download, here pspradio is really stable, perfect)
if i load immediatly an other shoutcast radio it freeze
if i go to startup and try to disconnect/reconnect wifi it freeze

the fact is that sometimes when i try shoutcast station there are problem in the meantime that the pspradio goes to http:/www.shoutcast.com/sbin/tunein-station.pls?id=xxxxx (number of shoutcast id for the radio)
it seems that in this moment sometime pspradio opbtain immediatly the address where redirect connection (and in this case works perfect) and sometimes this fault and so pspradio keep a sort of freeze that use too many cpu or memory (i really dunno) and then if i try to do something else the program freeze...

the freeze sometimes damage only the application so i can quit it, sometimes it fault all the psp os and then i need to reboot....

what i would like: to press as many shoutcst station as a tv zapping... i know it's not identic... but maybe a timeout that kill the search and/or a way to check shoutcast station address less invasive

however thanxs for the homebrow!
manaox2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job on the new release. I have noticed a couple of things.

It is odd how cycle screens is done using L & R in this version. It confused me for a while and your default skin still indicates the triangle button. Also, anytime I select a stream (even with a fresh database download), it seems to stumble and freeze. It takes about 15 to 20 seconds to stop after I push the square button and I have't been able to get any stream to play. Any clues?

PS. Hi psoul, glad you were able to get on the forums and maybe get some help! (computerwreck2)

EDIT: I'm on 3.10OE with no plugins enabled. I think the shoutcast database structure has changed perhaps... maybe someone can post an old shoutcast database?
psoul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanxs manaox2

i notice that i found this problem in these days... one week ahead all goes well and pspradio shoutcast streaming works really good

i think it could depends on:

-shoutcast change the way it redirects to radio streaming address

-i uploaded from 3.03oeb to 3.03oec and i know there are small differences in the os
manaox2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't think its the firmware. A week ago I was having no problems and the first time I checked it after you contacted me, I was having the same problem you are. It seems to be with the fresh downloaded shoutcast database.
psoul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah manaox2

it's shoutcas fault
i'm trying now and all works perfect... both version....
it seems like a problem on shoutcast server about redirect... probably they solved cause now pspradio works stable and load all the shoutcast station

music time now... thanxs again
manaox2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERY happy to hear that. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PSPRadio Forums Forum Index -> Problem Reports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: