PSPRadio Forums Forum Index PSPRadio Forums
PSPRadio Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PSPRadio 1.18.1377 (2007-04-02) <BUG FIX RELEASE>

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: PSPRadio 1.18.1377 (2007-04-02) <BUG FIX RELEASE> Reply with quote

New release
1.18.1377 (2007-04-02)

OK guys, here's the bug-fix release that I've worked on since the release last week.

Get here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=166538

Changelog:

1.18.1377 (2007-04-02)
NEW FEATURES
(raf) TextUI: Msgbox now goes away after 3sec (not based on frames rendered anymore, but time).
(raf) Core: (Supported by TextUI) Framerate configuration file is now set globally in PSPRadio.cfg (PLUGINS:DISPLAY_FPS)
(raf) TextUI: Now uses GU more; which reduces flickering and improves framerate.
(raf) TextUI: Cleaned up the way stream time and info is displayed while on fullscreen visualization mode.
BUG FIXES
(raf) Core: PSPRadio would crash on startup if the visualizer plugin was disabled.
(raf) Core: PSPRadio would crash on startup if the SHOUTcast database (newdb.xml) file was empty.
(raf) TextUI: Corrected problem where PSPRadio would crash when downloading the SHOUTcast database. (The problem was caused by lack of complete support for values -1 and -2 in the configuration files after the TextUI rendering changes.
(raf) TextUI: Corrected problem that caused a crash when switching from TextUI3d to TextUI.
(raf) Core: Corrected problem that caused a crash on restore from suspend mode when the wifi was enabled. Now it will also resume play.
(raf) Core: Disabled UI rendering while shutting down; this makes sure the "shutting down" screen is not drawn over.
KNOWN BUGS
(raf) TextUI: When switching skins all the text will disappear. This happens on occasion. Just move up or down for the text to re-render.
OE related Problems on this release
(raf) Core: Static IP connections don't work correctly. Seems the gateway is not used as it should. (Also, make sure CPU speed is 222 when establishing a WiFi connection). Possible solution, if you have a proxy server in your network, set it up in PSPRadio.cfg. A static IP may work then. (This is untested).
Soccrmastr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woohoo great! I love PSPRadio, and each new preliminary release is great!

Ok tested, can't connect to WiFi/USB when in GAME310 folder, but works fine in GAME150 folder. I'm using 3.10 OE A2. Otherwise everything is great thanks!
albadross

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
can't connect to WiFi/USB when in GAME310 folder

That's strange because I do all my testing in GAME310.

Never tried GAME150 (never needed to).

Many moons ago I tried it in GAME (my default) but that didn't work.

albadross
Soccrmastr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry messed up, doesn't work in GAME150 folder, but works fine in GAME310 folder. still great though I love showing this off to friends, using it in airport, in the city, its great.
Porkape

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: REQ: Timeout period increase Reply with quote

Thanks for all the new features this remains one of the best PSP apps out there. Hats off to Raf, HalfastII, sandberg, albadross, danzel, jpfouch48 and whoever else has been involved in this successful project for the scene.

I've had this issue with a few of my streams since before development resumed on this project again this year. I have a couple of streams that used to work flawlessly on older versions and still do my PC but with newer version they give me timeout errors. Can this period be increased so that it has a chance to connect before showing the error? I have tested this on a lot of connections and its always the same streams that timeout. On the PC it generally takes 1-2 seconds before they start playing unlike most of the stations listed on the shoutcast top 20 page which play instantaneously on the PC with my 5Mbit Cable connection. When you find some time please look into this. Cheers

Example stream - http://neptune.crystalone.net:8002
albadross

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porkape,

I'm no expert in these matters but I have seen your posts about this.

So I thought I would try a quick test of my own.

How are you actually trying to access these stations? Via the Shoutcast system?

I thought I would set up a quick playlist of my own to access the particular radio station you mention as follows -:

Code:
[playlist]
numberofentries=1
File1=http://neptune.crystalone.net:8002
Title1=Porkape station
Length1=-1
Version=2

and it worked first (and second and third and fourth and ...) time!

And the connection was always instantaneous! By that I mean, the "Opening Stream" box appears for the standard 3 seconds then the music/show starts straight away.

Does your way ever work? or just intermittently?

Have you updated the Shoutcast database at all? I couldn't find Neptune/CrystalOne in my most recent Shoutcast channel listing - what category is it in?

albadross

EDIT : Still going strong quarter of an hour later

Further EDIT

I suspect you are using an out-of-date Shoutcast database. This is because I have copied the latest DB into Word, looked for both "neptune" and "crystal" and found nothing.

At some point some time ago (I forget when), Raf had to re-program the Shoutcast Database part of the program and one side-effect of this (I think) was to cut the number of stations available from 600 to 500.

Also the Shoutcast DB is an active one - so channels come, channels change and channels go.

Maybe your "favourite" stations have been dropped or changed at some point without your knowledge. This is, I believe, the reason for the timeout errors you are getting.

If that is the case, your only way of getting the stations back is probably to write your own playlists as in my example above.
Don't worry, this isn't frightening - I have a couple of dozen of them (with up to 10 stations each)!
Porkape

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for looking into this. I enter the URL in Winamp then save it as pls in the playlists folder on the PSP. All my pls streams work that way except for some including the one that for works for you now. Weird, Wild Stuff this, I probably missed out something if it works for you. How did you put the stream url/pls in? I have tried several clean installs and no luck, I am running PSPradio from GAME310 and using 222MHz for CPU. What settings are you using? This station is not from the Shoutcast database but from the CrystalOne webpage which used to work on PSPRadio but not anymore. How do I take screenshots like the ones above? I'm posting the log below for when the errors occur.

Code:
03:54:21.800:PSPRadio.cpp@177<100>: --------------------------------------------------------
03:54:21.953:PSPRadio.cpp@179<100>: PSPRadio Version 1.18.1377 Starting - Using Loglevel 80
03:54:23.970:PSPRadio.cpp@887<100>: TEXT_ADDR: 'UI_Text.prx' Loaded at text_addr=0x8f7cd00
03:54:26.292:PSPRadio.cpp@887<100>: TEXT_ADDR: 'VIS_Spectrum.prx' Loaded at text_addr=0x94d0a00
03:54:53.810:PSPApp_Network.cpp@179<80>: ConnectWithTimeout(): Error connecting. Socket already connected
03:54:53.835:PSPRadio.cpp@421<80>: Error Connecting - Socket already connected
03:54:53.857:httpget.cpp@497<80>: Connection error. Socket already connected
03:54:53.878:PSPSound.cpp@426<80>: ThDecode:: Unable to open stream 'http://neptune.crystalone.net:8002'.
03:55:08.674:PSPApp_Network.cpp@179<80>: ConnectWithTimeout(): Error connecting. Socket already connected
03:55:08.695:PSPRadio.cpp@421<80>: Error Connecting - Socket already connected
03:55:08.717:httpget.cpp@497<80>: Connection error. Socket already connected
03:55:08.738:PSPSound.cpp@426<80>: ThDecode:: Unable to open stream 'http://neptune.crystalone.net:8002'.
albadross

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porkape,

PM sent - I didn't want to clutter up this thread.

albadross
psoul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

test here . work ok . no problem - GAME310 folder . peace . thanxs raf
raf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to read that most everybody liked the last release.

I'm posting some WIP (WORK-IN-PROGRESS) release now; please test and report problems..

Thanks!,

Raf.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=166538&package_id=227795

What's New for PSPRadio
========================
1.xx.xxxx (2007-04-xx)
*NEW FEATURES*
(raf) Core: Updated visualizer plugin interface to level 2. Cleaned-up, reorganized fields, and added gu support. (Also added exclusive mode, and song information to plugin).
(raf) TextUI3D: Added wait for VBlank before page flipping, this eliminates tearing; but reduces framerate because the render thread also waits for vblank; need to optimize.
(raf) TextUI3D: Added complete support for visualizers (just like TextUI).
(raf) Core: Using Alexander Berl (a.k.a. Raphael) routines for VRAM allocation.
(raf) VIS: Added a cube visualizer, displays a scope on every side.
(raf) VIS: Interface changed. Now plugin gets notified when song starts/stops/pauses. Also, now the plugin can request song information.
(raf) VIS: Visualizers can now run in exclusive mode. Added support to TextUI and TextUI3D, and sample code to the repository.
*BUG FIXES*
(raf) Core: Fixed an old bug where if a song had no metadata (like an old MP3 without ID3 info), the metadata would be populated from the currently highlighted song.
(raf) TextUI: Fixed crash that could be caused if switching screens (START) while starting a plugin (specially a visualizer).
(raf) TextUI: Don't go to fullscreen if no visualizer loaded.
(raf) TextUI3D: Don't go to fullscreen if no visualizer loaded.

Edit: I also uploaded another visualizer VIS_CubeExcl.prx. This one will render correctly on the 3dui, as it uses exclusive mode.. But because of the same, the plugin is responsible of printing song information; and this one won't.
albadross

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VIS_CubeExcl in action

psoul

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys hope all well!

i discover now that if i turn off the sony at the restart pspradio get connection again and starts the stream automatically!!!

love this!!!

bye
ale
soopergooman

Location: All the way East Baby!! St. john's Newfoundland Canada!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: YEEHAAAA Reply with quote

PSP RADIO probably the longest continuing running psp homebrew in existence. Keep it up Raf!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PSPRadio Forums Forum Index -> Releases All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: