PSPRadio Forums Forum Index PSPRadio Forums
PSPRadio Forums
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Links 2.1-pre23 PSP Stand Alone And Plugin Release r1261

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PSPRadio Forums Forum Index -> Links2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
raf
Site Admin


Joined: 26 Sep 2005
Posts: 730
Location: NC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Links 2.1-pre23 PSP Stand Alone And Plugin Release r1261 Reply with quote

New stand alone and plugin release 1261.

Get them here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=166538

The plugin version is for PSPRadio 1.1.xxxx
The plugin version has a memory limit of 5MB

What's New for Links2 PSP Port
================================
links-2.1pre23 PSP r1261 (2007-02-06)
NEW FEATURES
(raf) Changed default background color from gray to white (for html).
(raf) UP/DOWN in html now scroll up/down (without R+)
(raf) UP/DOWN at the top/bottom of a menu list will wrap (user request).
BUG FIXES
(raf) Plugin: Fixed openssl compile options (-mno-explicit-relocs), this fixes the problem where the Links2 plugin wasn't working. (You will need to upgrade openssl from the pspdev svn to rev.2169 or greater --if you want to compile links2 yourself).
KNOWN PROBLEMS
(raf) Plugin: Priorities have not been optimized, so the plugin runs slow if pspradio is playing music.

Also, I changed the PBP icon to use Argandona's for a change Smile Thanks Argandona!

Enjoy!,

Raf.


Last edited by raf on Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
UD1121



Joined: 15 May 2006
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice to see an update:)... gonna try it out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DiabloTerrorGF



Joined: 05 May 2006
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallejuah!

Glad it's coming back again. The only reason I use the Sony browser is for flash otherwise I use Links2, so much better!

Also, did you ever re-include Japanese support? *No PSP to check ;_;*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raf
Site Admin


Joined: 26 Sep 2005
Posts: 730
Location: NC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DiabloTerrorGF wrote:
Hallejuah!

Glad it's coming back again. The only reason I use the Sony browser is for flash otherwise I use Links2, so much better!

Also, did you ever re-include Japanese support? *No PSP to check ;_;*


No Japanese, sorry.. The app is too bloated as it is (for the PSP).

Also, wanted to mention that I changed the icon theme to Argandona's. Not that I didn't like Sem's, but this one is nice too, and since its been so long, thought it would be nice to change it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DiabloTerrorGF



Joined: 05 May 2006
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should really find a way. I rather have Japanese fonts than regular(Japanese fonts can display roman letters fine). It'd also appeal to the Japanese users of the PSP.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ody nOOb



Joined: 12 May 2006
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you back ! Smile

Latest release doesn't work for me in D_A OE ?

Neither SE 2.71 nor OE 3.10

if I run it from the game (or game150) folder,
I get an error "could not load PSP_NET_MODULE_COMMON 00000017 "

If I run it from the game310 folder, it keeps telling me "Host unreachable", no matter what url I type in.

Previous version 1231 worked fine for me.

Did I miss something ?!?

Also, under game310, it auto connects to my first connection, initiates ssl (so far so good), then asks me to choose a connection !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raf
Site Admin


Joined: 26 Sep 2005
Posts: 730
Location: NC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DiabloTerrorGF wrote:

Should really find a way. I rather have Japanese fonts than regular(Japanese fonts can display roman letters fine). It'd also appeal to the Japanese users of the PSP.

I'll see how much it grows, and make a decision. Will let you know.

Ody nOOb wrote:

if I run it from the game (or game150) folder,
I get an error "could not load PSP_NET_MODULE_COMMON 00000017 "

Hi Ody nOOb!,
PSPRadio and Links2 are now only for F/W 2.0+, it won't work under F/W 1.5.

Quote:

If I run it from the game310 folder, it keeps telling me "Host unreachable", no matter what url I type in.


The cause is under investigation; but the current work around is to define an automatic (DHCP) connection, and use that.

Quote:

Previous version 1231 worked fine for me.

Did I miss something ?!?

The previous version was for F/W 1.5, and doesn't experience any of these issues...

Quote:

Also, under game310, it auto connects to my first connection, initiates ssl (so far so good), then asks me to choose a connection !

Yes, I need to correct that; it won't happen in the next release...

Raf.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ody nOOb



Joined: 12 May 2006
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raf wrote:
DiabloTerrorGF wrote:

Should really find a way. I rather have Japanese fonts than regular(Japanese fonts can display roman letters fine). It'd also appeal to the Japanese users of the PSP.

I'll see how much it grows, and make a decision. Will let you know.

Ody nOOb wrote:

if I run it from the game (or game150) folder,
I get an error "could not load PSP_NET_MODULE_COMMON 00000017 "

Hi Ody nOOb!,
PSPRadio and Links2 are now only for F/W 2.0+, it won't work under F/W 1.5.

Quote:

If I run it from the game310 folder, it keeps telling me "Host unreachable", no matter what url I type in.


The cause is under investigation; but the current work around is to define an automatic (DHCP) connection, and use that.

Quote:

Previous version 1231 worked fine for me.

Did I miss something ?!?

The previous version was for F/W 1.5, and doesn't experience any of these issues...

Quote:

Also, under game310, it auto connects to my first connection, initiates ssl (so far so good), then asks me to choose a connection !

Yes, I need to correct that; it won't happen in the next release...

Raf.


Ok tx Smile

For those like me who have more than 1 connection, and their first connection is not a dhcp one, the work around above won't work because links uses the first connection no matter what connection you choose later on BUT here's a workaround to the workaround :p

launch links
after it auto connects to the first connection, select what ever connection.
Links will report it can't connect to host.
Now put your PSP in stand-by, and out of stand-by.

Press Cross+Select and select your dhcp connection, this time links will use it.

raf, Did you change the font ?
I had better resolution with previous version.

Also, release notes mentions that "UP/DOWN in html now scroll up/down (without R+) ", is it supposed to scroll a page down ? Or just a line ?
It does the later for me, still need to press R+ to scroll a page down.

Any chance you could fix java scripts ? And support at least basic "submit" ?
Also cookies don't work for me.
If I log into this site f.ex, links keeps asking me to log in again and again when I scroll from page to pages.

Keep up the good work Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raf
Site Admin


Joined: 26 Sep 2005
Posts: 730
Location: NC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ody nOOb wrote:


raf, Did you change the font ?
I had better resolution with previous version.



Nope, same font. What version had better resolution?
I've been using 16bpp (as oposed to 24/32) for a while now; I'm sure the font looked a bit better with 32bpp.. But 16bpp uses a lot less memory.

Raf.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ody nOOb



Joined: 12 May 2006
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ody nOOb wrote:
raf wrote:
DiabloTerrorGF wrote:

Should really find a way. I rather have Japanese fonts than regular(Japanese fonts can display roman letters fine). It'd also appeal to the Japanese users of the PSP.

I'll see how much it grows, and make a decision. Will let you know.

Ody nOOb wrote:

if I run it from the game (or game150) folder,
I get an error "could not load PSP_NET_MODULE_COMMON 00000017 "

Hi Ody nOOb!,
PSPRadio and Links2 are now only for F/W 2.0+, it won't work under F/W 1.5.

Quote:

If I run it from the game310 folder, it keeps telling me "Host unreachable", no matter what url I type in.


The cause is under investigation; but the current work around is to define an automatic (DHCP) connection, and use that.

Quote:

Previous version 1231 worked fine for me.

Did I miss something ?!?

The previous version was for F/W 1.5, and doesn't experience any of these issues...

Quote:

Also, under game310, it auto connects to my first connection, initiates ssl (so far so good), then asks me to choose a connection !

Yes, I need to correct that; it won't happen in the next release...

Raf.


Ok tx Smile

For those like me who have more than 1 connection, and their first connection is not a dhcp one, the work around above won't work because links uses the first connection no matter what connection you choose later on BUT here's a workaround to the workaround :p

launch links
after it auto connects to the first connection, select what ever connection.
Links will report it can't connect to host.
Now put your PSP in stand-by, and out of stand-by.

Press Cross+Select and select your dhcp connection, this time links will use it.

raf, Did you change the font ?
I had better resolution with previous version.

Also, release notes mentions that "UP/DOWN in html now scroll up/down (without R+) ", is it supposed to scroll a page down ? Or just a line ?
It does the later for me, still need to press R+ to scroll a page down.

Any chance you could fix java scripts ? And support at least basic "submit" ?
Also cookies don't work for me.
If I log into this site f.ex, links keeps asking me to log in again and again when I scroll from page to pages.

Keep up the good work Smile


Hi raf !
How's life ?
Busy I guess ... :p

Any chance you could release a version that corrects that dhcp problem and/or auto-connect ?
Now that IRS 3.6 has been released, I'd really appreciate a working links under the 3.x kernel.
TIA

PS:
Found an easier work-around (required if first connection is not dhcp):

Launch links, let it connect to whatever AP
Now switch WL off and back on.
Now choose your dhcp connection.
Enjoy Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raf
Site Admin


Joined: 26 Sep 2005
Posts: 730
Location: NC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ody nOOb wrote:
Ody nOOb wrote:
raf wrote:
DiabloTerrorGF wrote:

Should really find a way. I rather have Japanese fonts than regular(Japanese fonts can display roman letters fine). It'd also appeal to the Japanese users of the PSP.

I'll see how much it grows, and make a decision. Will let you know.

Ody nOOb wrote:

if I run it from the game (or game150) folder,
I get an error "could not load PSP_NET_MODULE_COMMON 00000017 "

Hi Ody nOOb!,
PSPRadio and Links2 are now only for F/W 2.0+, it won't work under F/W 1.5.

Quote:

If I run it from the game310 folder, it keeps telling me "Host unreachable", no matter what url I type in.


The cause is under investigation; but the current work around is to define an automatic (DHCP) connection, and use that.

Quote:

Previous version 1231 worked fine for me.

Did I miss something ?!?

The previous version was for F/W 1.5, and doesn't experience any of these issues...

Quote:

Also, under game310, it auto connects to my first connection, initiates ssl (so far so good), then asks me to choose a connection !

Yes, I need to correct that; it won't happen in the next release...

Raf.


Ok tx Smile

For those like me who have more than 1 connection, and their first connection is not a dhcp one, the work around above won't work because links uses the first connection no matter what connection you choose later on BUT here's a workaround to the workaround :p

launch links
after it auto connects to the first connection, select what ever connection.
Links will report it can't connect to host.
Now put your PSP in stand-by, and out of stand-by.

Press Cross+Select and select your dhcp connection, this time links will use it.

raf, Did you change the font ?
I had better resolution with previous version.

Also, release notes mentions that "UP/DOWN in html now scroll up/down (without R+) ", is it supposed to scroll a page down ? Or just a line ?
It does the later for me, still need to press R+ to scroll a page down.

Any chance you could fix java scripts ? And support at least basic "submit" ?
Also cookies don't work for me.
If I log into this site f.ex, links keeps asking me to log in again and again when I scroll from page to pages.

Keep up the good work Smile


Hi raf !
How's life ?
Busy I guess ... :p

Any chance you could release a version that corrects that dhcp problem and/or auto-connect ?
Now that IRS 3.6 has been released, I'd really appreciate a working links under the 3.x kernel.
TIA

PS:
Found an easier work-around (required if first connection is not dhcp):

Launch links, let it connect to whatever AP
Now switch WL off and back on.
Now choose your dhcp connection.
Enjoy Smile


YEah, too busy..

Anyways, in the new version of links (not released yet), you can just press "SELECT" then choose the profile you want.

Raf.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PSPRadio Forums Forum Index -> Links2 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Powered By: SourceForge.net Logo