PSPRadio Forums Forum Index PSPRadio Forums
PSPRadio Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Error Starting Network... but WLan test is fine!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PSPRadio Forums Forum Index -> Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IceMan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Error Starting Network... but WLan test is fine! Reply with quote

Hi,

I recently wanted to test this app but with my usual luck I encountered the above error. My WLan is setup correctly in infrastructure mode and the Test works fine: I get my Ip, DNS and Gateway as specified in my DHCP server (dhcpd under linux which is my inet gateway). I can also ping my PSP when I run this test, so all looks ok. However, when I press the triangle in the RafPSP so it can use my Wlan profile after some 5 seconds it eventually says Error: Error Starting Network. The Wlan led stays on after this and it says "Ready, IP 0.0.0.0"

My wlan is with a WEP with 5 byte key so maybe there's some problem with this setup. I have an old 802.11b DLink AP, but it has always worked fine with all hardware (the PSP's wlan test runs fine).

Any hints?

Ice
Harbinger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what you've described I'm assuming you're using DHCP - homebrew programs haven't made the hurdle enabling DHCP, you'll need to make your connection via static IP.
IceMan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see - this fact eluded me completely (I read a lot of documentation here and there, but failed to notice this). I will assign my PSP a static IP with DNS and gateway and try again, I'm sure it will work.

Thanks a bunch.

Ice
IceMan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: A-OK! Reply with quote

Yep! Works now!

However, I get some "blanks" from time to time now from my "usual" station which I don't get from winamp - but I guess that's maybe some "app refining" to do. I notice the In Buffer counter suddenly stops, then starts again after a couple of seconds when this happens (if this may help). Looks like traffic stops and the buffers are depleted - as if there was a bandwidth problem. Wierd, I don't get this with regular winamp. In any case, it happens only seldomly, so it may very well be a connection problem.

Now some esthetical refining, some nice graphics and why not, PLUGIN support! (Am I asking too much?)

Cheers!

Ice
Harbinger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Increasing the buffer size in the cfg file may help. I've set mine to 60 and seem to be ok.

Raf has built a very modular architecture. Two separate coders are incorporating graphical front ends.

Again, the config file holds the key to enabling a lot of cool options.
IceMan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll check the buffers - I didn't seem to notice a configurable buffers option but maybe I missed it (I have version 0.34final). I thought the configurable buffers started from the next 0.35pre version (pre2?).

Nice that the development team is enlarging so at least everyone can focus on an aspect which is best.

Thanks again,

Ice
Harbinger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're using final releases you may need to wait a bit, I think you're right about the buffers not being configurable till 0.35pre2
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PSPRadio Forums Forum Index -> Problem Reports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: