PSPRadio Forums Forum Index PSPRadio Forums
PSPRadio Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I disable DHCP

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PSPRadio Forums Forum Index -> Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: How do I disable DHCP Reply with quote

I disabled it from my routers gateway but it's enabled on the properties of my internet connection, how would one come about disabling it?
IceMan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, you don't necessarily need to disable the DHCP server on your router to set a manual IP - just check the scope and see from which IP to which IP it spans and note it: you will select an IP out of that range for your PSP.
Secondly, if you're using a router then you don't need to use an "internet connection" but just setup your LAN TCP/IP properties (unless it's a "pppoe" connection).

In any case, re-enable your DHCP server on your router and just jot down the IP range of the pool. If the ip range spans the whole subnet (say 192.168.0.2-254) then edit the configuration of the pool and reduce it from .50 to say .60 (10 ips are more than enough for a home network).
This way you can select any IP manually except the router IP (usually.1 and the dhcp pool). Set the chosen IP (say .49) in your wlan PSP manual IP configuration including the DNS (may coincide with your router if it has DNS forwarding) and gateway (the IP of your router).

I hope this was what you intended.

Ice
fool

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still confused Sad
HalfastII

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fool wrote:
Still confused Sad

what brand router and what model...

I will see if i can make it simple.. (Im know for confusing more people but....)

Native US 1.50 PSP Up & Down
1Gb Scandisk : 1 - 512Mb, 1 64mb and 2 - 32Mb Sony MS
13 UMD Movies and 14 UMD Games PSPRadio Baby!!

My wife has a small fortune invested Smile
sandberg

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fool wrote:
Still confused Sad

Hi,

You don't need to disable DHCP. You need to setup a static IP address, which can be done without disabling DHCP. Take a look at this guide. It'll take you through, step by step.

http://pspradio.sourceforge.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=118
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PSPRadio Forums Forum Index -> Problem Reports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: