PSPRadio Forums Forum Index PSPRadio Forums
PSPRadio Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Links 2.1-pre22 PSP Stand Alone Release r1206

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Links 2.1-pre22 PSP Stand Alone Release r1206 Reply with quote

New stand alone and plugin release, still based on links2.1-pre22

Get them here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=166538

Notes:
--------
I decided to try and write a new video driver, as there were too many problems with the SDL based driver.
I made a new driver based on the framebuffer driver. Sandberg helped make Danzeff work on this new version.

What's new: r1206
----------------------
NEW FEATURES
(raf) New driver based on the linux framebuffer driver. This new driver access video RAM directly. Most of the graphic problems with SDL seem to be gone; but theres some new problems (the menus don't clear correctly).
(sandberg) Using direct VRAM version of Danzeff to free up the memory used by the previous SDL version.

BUG FIXES
raf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Links 2.1-pre22 PSP Stand Alone Release r1206 Reply with quote

No comments, so I assume everybody likes this version.. Nobody minds the big mouse cursor, the danzef artifacts or the menues that don't clear up. Great! Smile

BTW, I got a new version ready to go. But Sandberg is going to optimize it to use the gu..
It's a new concept, and I'm not sure if ppl will actually like it.. The resolution will now be 960x544 scaled down to fit the PSP's native 480x272.. Then, holding the L trigger will zoom in to 1:1.. this is the upcoming what's new:

links-2.1pre22 PSP rXXXX (2006-07-XX)
NEW FEATURES
(raf) Updates to pspgu driver:
-Default resolution is now 960x544 (Its scaled down to the PSP's 480x272)
-Links scaling is now disabled (as it used too much memory, and was one of the main culprits of memory errors)
-Font size changed from 12 to 24, so it is readable without zoom (at 960x544)
-Zoom (along with new virtual resolution of 960x544 implemented using a kind of double buffering).
(raf) New button mappings:
UP/DOWN = scroll up/scroll down (former R+UP/DOWN)
R+UP/DOWN = page up/page down
L (held) = zoom (while L is held). Use analog stick to move around.
L+CROSS = toggles zoom lock. (Once locked, the analog will control the mouse. Use L+analog to move zoom window).
BUG FIXES

I may release it as is to see ppl's reaction, before Sandberg is done with the h/w gu changes...

Feedback?

Thanks,

Raf.
Argandona

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just discovered that you updated links, and I'm loving it. You're right about the cursor though, it's HUGE!
I had a couple of suggestions, but I see that you can read minds pretty well.
Can't wait for the next release!
realgt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: i'd love to see a preview, but... Reply with quote

considering its already an awesome app, it doesnt give too much reason to beg for another release...thats the sweet part about making a good product... your user base isnt demanding patches for your buggy "new features". adding the new zoom functionality does sound like an intriguingly perceptive way to maintain the "look and feel" of a desktop browser.

good luck with everything,

realgt
raf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: i'd love to see a preview, but... Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies, guys..

The zoom thing sounds cool and looks cool, but is it really useful for a web browser? I think so.. but I'm not sure other people will find it as useful..
I'll try to release what I have tonight. Haven't had too much time lately to play with it.. (too much work).

Raf.
Argandona

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be possible to include support for cookies? It wuold be really nice if links remembered your forum passwords without having to log in every session.
I personally like the idea of a zoomed mode, especially if it frees up memory, and allows a more correct page formatting.
It would also be better to switch between zoom modes by tapping the L button, as opposed to holding it down.

About the graphic glitches, I really don't mind them. They are far less annoying than the cursor multiplying all over the screen.

Regarding the lack of feedback. Your app is usually hosted on other sites, and people don't bother to come here. I mean, your latest release has 32 comments back at pspupdates. you may want to ask them to at least post a link to this discussion.
raf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argandona wrote:
Would it be possible to include support for cookies? It wuold be really nice if links remembered your forum passwords without having to log in every session.
I personally like the idea of a zoomed mode, especially if it frees up memory, and allows a more correct page formatting.
It would also be better to switch between zoom modes by tapping the L button, as opposed to holding it down.

About the graphic glitches, I really don't mind them. They are far less annoying than the cursor multiplying all over the screen.

Regarding the lack of feedback. Your app is usually hosted on other sites, and people don't bother to come here. I mean, your latest release has 32 comments back at pspupdates. you may want to ask them to at least post a link to this discussion.

As soon as links supports x and y feature, this port will probably support it too. But please remember that this is a port.
The experimental version 1214 is out now, please give it a try and report feedback!..

Thanks all for the support,

Raf.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PSPRadio Forums Forum Index -> Links2 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: