PSPRadio Forums Forum Index PSPRadio Forums
PSPRadio Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dyn DNS and Music Anytime Anywhere

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PSPRadio Forums Forum Index -> Success Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harbinger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Dyn DNS and Music Anytime Anywhere Reply with quote

I've created the infrastructure for myself to both have a live radio stream now and my entire mp3 library when http://yourdnsurl.com:yourport/content/filename.mp3 might be implemented.

Just a matter of opening the right ports, locking the unnecessary ones, and making sure the dyn account is in proper working order.

This app has taken the PSP a dramatic step forward as far as utility is concerned, not sure Raf was planning on the multitudinous uses but just for example, I'm having a party at my home on halloween and was contemplating purchasing an Airport Express to stream my music downstairs so as to avoid placing the iPod where it could be damaged or tampered with. Now I just set up the stream upstairs, hide the psp downstairs by the stereo equipment and can play deejay without having to worry about inadvertently showing the partygoers how to change tracks (a problem that ALWAYS comes up as soon as someone disagrees with the music).

So, yah, this app is bad ass. Next stop, network-accessible global availability of my entire music library. I'm crossing my fingers for AAC support, but it's all baby steps and I just have to be patient.
raf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Dyn DNS and Music Anytime Anywhere Reply with quote

Harbinger wrote:
I've created the infrastructure for myself to both have a live radio stream now and my entire mp3 library when http://yourdnsurl.com:yourport/content/filename.mp3 might be implemented.

Just a matter of opening the right ports, locking the unnecessary ones, and making sure the dyn account is in proper working order.

This app has taken the PSP a dramatic step forward as far as utility is concerned, not sure Raf was planning on the multitudinous uses but just for example, I'm having a party at my home on halloween and was contemplating purchasing an Airport Express to stream my music downstairs so as to avoid placing the iPod where it could be damaged or tampered with. Now I just set up the stream upstairs, hide the psp downstairs by the stereo equipment and can play deejay without having to worry about inadvertently showing the partygoers how to change tracks (a problem that ALWAYS comes up as soon as someone disagrees with the music).

So, yah, this app is bad ass. Next stop, network-accessible global availability of my entire music library. I'm crossing my fingers for AAC support, but it's all baby steps and I just have to be patient.

Thanks man; it's really satisfying to hear a success story like yours.. Really cool setup! (Now I only wish I was invited to your Halloween party *joke*)

Thanks again!,

Raf.
Harbinger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man it's going to be a big fiesta, if you're in the DC area you're welcome to crash! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PSPRadio Forums Forum Index -> Success Stories All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: